Saturday, 31 July 2010
Tuesday, 20 July 2010
"The Sun, so filled with light and heat, pours upon us his abundant strength, falling like honey from the sky, bringing to us this time of fullness. We are joyful, rejoicing in the high time of the Sun's journey; yet we are also mournful as the Sun begins to wane, such is the fate of all things.
The Divine Twins have reached the apex of their strength. Krom and his twin Tyr, the Red One and the Green One are intertwined as brothers and lovers, celebrating the beauty of each other's bodies. Their joy becomes as the light of the Sun and we feel their caress touching our skin. Yet at the moment of their two-fold orgasm, they begin to wane. Thus is the Paradox born - we celebrate life and recognise the journey towards death. Blessed be."
Friday, 2 April 2010
- Crown – What is your clear, clarified intention?
- Wisdom – How will the ritual affect all the areas of your life?
- Understanding – What are the limitations of the magic?
- Knowledge – What are the underlying, secret motivations for the ritual?
- Mercy – Have you done Kala before working the magic?
- Strength – Have you considered any martial aspects to the ritual?
- Beauty – How will the Sacred be manifest in the ritual?
- Victory – What offerings and sacrifices will you bring to the ritual?
- Splendour – What are the correspondences you will use for the working?
- Foundation – What has trance and divination told you about the ritual?
- Kingdom – What is the (elemental) structure/pattern/form for the ritual?
Tuesday, 30 March 2010
One of the main tools in the Feri treasure chest is the running of Pentacles, the two most famous being the Iron and Pearl Pentacles. Each of these Pentacles contains points of energy that are important to a healthy life and healthy magic. A Point can reach a state of imbalance in two ways - either through an excess or absence of that energy. For example, an excess of Sex could result in a string of meaningless one-night stands, whereas the absence would be an unhealthily enforced celibacy (including no masturbation!). By running the Pentacles diligently, preferably daily, it becomes easier for the Witch to realise when one or more of the Points are imbalanced. The Diagnostic Pentacles (which show the shadows of Absence or Excess) can further clarify your relationship with the Points.
While the best way to bring a Point into balance is the running of the Pentacles and self-examination (including divination and trance), I have devised a rite to solidify the commitment of bring a specific Point into right relationship with the others. This rite rests on the theory that each Point is supported by two others; the Points that form a triangle. You can use the balanced energy of the supporting Points to help you with any problematic energy. Here is a quick list of the supporting points:
Sex – Supported by Passion and Pride
Self – Supported by Pride and Power
Passion – Supported by Sex and Power
Pride – Supported by Sex and Self
Power – Supported by Self and Passion
For the rite, you will need:
- Three candles (any colours you deem appropriate)
- Three small pieces of paper
- Two quartz crystals (with points)
Place the three candles in a triangle, with the imbalanced Point at the apex. If you like, you could carve the name of the Points into the candle and anoint them with saliva. On two pieces of paper, write what the two supporting points mean to you and try to connect with their energies. Place them underneath their corresponding candles.
Place the two crystals pointing from the supporting Points to the apex of the triangle and visualise a flow of energy hitting the apex. Say: “I call forth the energies of _______, supported by the Points of _______ and _______.”
Light the three candles in whatever order you feel is right and then say they following:
“From apex point of sex doth flow, The gifts of love that we would know,
That lures us ever toward our pride, Which shines as law and does provide
Awareness of our self’s domain; And knowledge of all things arcane.
A move toward power stirs within Liberty shared with other kin.
As waves of passion fill our souls, We grow with wisdom; life’s true goal.
By the Iron and by the Pearl, I claim my being; I claim my world.
So mote it be.”
Bind the spell in your usual manner and let the candles burn down.
Monday, 29 March 2010
Here is a Feri-ed version of the Lightning Path.
- See a bright white light above your crown. Inhale white light and intone the Divine name: Ma.
- A white ray of light travels to your left cheek and activates a grey sphere. Breathe in grey light and intone the Divine name: Arddhu
- A white ray of light travels to your right cheek and activates a black sphere. Breathe in black light and intone the Divine name: Ana
- A white ray of light travels to your throat and activates a hollow sphere. Breathe in clear light and intone the Divine name: Melek Ta’us
- A white ray of light travels to your left shoulder and activates a blue sphere. Breathe in blue light and intone the Divine name: Krom
- A white ray of light travels to your right shoulder and activates a red sphere. Breathe in red light and intone the Divine name: Mari
- A white ray of light travels to your heart and activates a yellow sphere. Breathe in yellow light and intone the Divine name: Aah.
- A white ray of light travels to your left hip and activates a green sphere. Breathe in green light and intone the Divine name: Dian y Glas
- A white ray of light travels to your right hip and activates an orange sphere. Breathe in orange light and intone the Divine name: Nimue
- A white ray of light travels to your sex and activates a purple sphere. Breathe in purple light and intone the Divine name: Miria
- A white ray of light travels to your beneath your feet and activates a brown sphere. Breathe in brown light and intone the Divine name: Aum.
- Hold your palms up with fingers spread and feel the lightning path within you. Say: I hold within me the Tree of Life, and I myself do live within it. May all the spheres be strong within me. Blessed be.
- Visualise yourself stood with a black pillar on your right and a white pillar on your left.
- Visualise a sphere of white light just above your head. Inhale white light and intone the Divine name: Ma.
- The ray of light descends to your throat and a hollow sphere appears. Inhale hollow light and intone the Divine name: Melek Ta’us.
- The ray of light descends to your heart and a yellow sphere appears. Inhale yellow light and intone the Divine name: Aah.
- The ray of light descends to your sex and a purple sphere appears. Inhale purple light and intone the Divine name: Miria.
- The ray of light descends to below your feet and a brown sphere appears. Inhale brown light and intone the Divine name: Aum.
- See the white ray rise up either side of you and down through your crown, running the circuit several times.
- Let the energy gather into your heart and it shines brightly. Place your hands over your heart and say: Ha! My feet are on the Earth! Ha! My sex is in the moon! Ha! My heart is in the Sun! Ha! My crown is in the stars!
Sunday, 28 March 2010
- Star Goddess Prayer
- Prayers to the Ancestors, Gods and Guardians
- Feri Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
- Kala Rite
- Ha Prayer and Affirmation of Middle Pillar Sephiroth
- Feri Middle Pillar Exercise
- Sitting Practice
- Feri Affirmation (from Cora)
- Running the Pentacles and Aligning the Hearts
- Dedication of Merit (prayer for somebody's healing)
- Tree of Life Prayer (see previous post)
"Manifest Star Goddess, grant me the experience of your Kingdom, and provide me with the Foundation of your wondrous reflection. Let your Splendour shine Victoriously through me, and may my Beauty reflect your infinite Beauty. May your Strength and Mercy be ever present within me and my I speak with Knowledge. May I Understand and hold within me the Wisdom of your loving ever-presence. Transcendent Star Goddess, Crown me with your circle of Stars, that I may realise the oneness of All and achieve the consciousness of Nothing. Blessed be, YHVH."
Sunday, 21 March 2010
Oh, if you click the image you should be able to view a bigger and clearer glyph. If you stretch your imagination, this glyph is not dissimilar to the lemniscate representation of the Pantheon.
Saturday, 30 January 2010
This meme has been circulating the Blogosphere for five years now - way before I even had a blog! However, I've decided I want in. Here is my offering to Brigid; although I don't work with the Goddess regularly, I know this time of year belongs to Her. Thanks to Reya and Anne Hill for this. Enjoy!
Friday, 29 January 2010
Saturday, 23 January 2010
A few months ago I decided to write my own version of the Wheel of the Year based on the mythology (as I understand it) of the Feri deities. It is my intention to write a complete Feri ritual for each of the Sabbats and post them on here if anyone wants to use them or comment on them. Below is a brief summary of how I view the Wheel. I'll post my Candlemas rite on here soon.
The Star Goddess has taken all within Herself, all the Gods have returned to Her womb, which is the Cauldron of Cerridwen, where She perfects Them and allows them to be reborn. She gives birth to two bright spirits, the Twins. The lemniscate Gods are reborn this night. Melek Taus is reborn from the Love of his Mother.
The Twins have grown into youths, Dian y Glas and Nimue. They are playful and youthful – they represent the hope of the coming year. They set forth the intention for the year to walk the path of Mystery. Nimue brings her blessings from the well, and Dian Y Glas fills our Godsoul for the coming year.
The Twins revel in the beauty of the Mother – Dian Y Glas and Nimue dance delight, which causes the flowers and bounty of nature to flourish. The Twins begin their courtship and they merge and flow. Their genders shift during the rite, they are male and male, female and female, male and female.
The Twins have matured into full adults. Krom and Mari are sexually mature and the Twins marry. The two candle flames become one and their light brings forth life. The Twins enact the sacred marriage, the Hieros Gamos and we reaffirm our intention to marry the Gods, or renew our marriage vows. The Fey are particularly afoot this night.
At the height of their strength, the Twins begin to wane. Krom and his twin Twr, the Red Man and the Green One become lovers and make love to luxuriate in their beauty and strength. White Mari, the mother, stirs the magic well from which life can be reborn. The Gods take three drops to transform. The Holy Orgasm that created the Universe from God Herself is also remembered here, just as at Yule.
The Lord has waned, Krom has given himself as a willing sacrifice by the hand of Mari, who becomes Red Mari as she is stained with his blood. The Red Man becomes Black Krom as he is burned in effigy, transformed by fire, to renew the land. All feast to celebrate the life that is given to feed life.
The Twins age further. They become wise ones. The Arddhu now begins his reign. He is the dread God of Death, He to whom all lost things go. He begins his journey to the Underworld, with a last celebration of life, to which we must bade farewell until Yule. Black Ana initiates the Arddhu and prepares him for the journey.
The Arddhu and Ana reign here. They know Death and the Mystery. They are wise. The Arddhu is tested by Ana in the Kingdom of Death and they teach us love and peace in the beyond. But they are also playful, and one must be wary of their tricks. They allow our Ancestors to commune with us easily on this night. They begin their journey back to the womb of the Star Goddess.
Saturday, 9 January 2010
What is an acceptable intention? If I have an intention for my life and/or my magic, I have to go through a series of checks to make sure it is a true Intention (capital I). I have to be sure that it is authentic and that all my parts are in agreement – I need to be clear that all of my souls and my body are on board for this Intention. My general process is using divination to explore the elemental implications of my intention. The five cards that I use explore how I feel about my intention through the five classical elements, which is very helpful.
I have been thinking about clarification of intention recently because I am conflicted about my romantic life. I am currently single but my intention is to find a kind, warm, intelligent and sexy partner to spend (at least part of) my life with. However, what are the motivations for this? Is it loneliness? Sexual frustration? Maybe even envy? I don’t know how to solve the paradox of wanting to be independent yet part of a couple. Society tells us that we must be part of a monogamous couple to find true happiness, yet people generally assert that to be independent is equally important. How do people do it?
In Feri, one of the core tenets is that we are not to submit our life force to anyone or any thing. This is true of a relationship too – I must make sure that I am coming from a place of stillness, of readiness and independence in my erotic and romantic encounters. This is difficult, but daily practice helps, especially sitting practice. When I sit, it comes from place of self-compassion and self-exploration. Sitting helps me to find out who I am and where I am going, to paraphrase Cora Anderson.
Another part of this situation is trying to purify myself from Disney-fied expectations (I could dedicate an entire series of Kala rites to this intention alone…). As Witches, we have the power to bring things into our lives, including love. However, the accepted wisdom says that the right person will simply ‘turn up’. Do we then not to magic for fear of conjuring up the wrong person into our lives? How about using a list of qualities that are essential in a mate? Or asking the Multiverse to provide the correct person, whoever that may be? Questions, questions…
…is there an answer?